PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Bank account details, Bank card information and/or other information for purpose of payment or other engagements with us.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Smartfarm collects information from you when you register on our site as a User, make payments, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site, and provide us with Feedback and Reviews on our services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
SmartFarm uses the information collected from a ‘user’ during registration, payments, signing up for newsletter, responding to a survey or marketing communication, surfing of our website, or using certain other site features in the following ways: 1. To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and service offerings in which you are most interested. 2. To improve our website in order to better serve you. 3. To allow us to better service you in response to customer service requests. 4. To administer promotions, offers, surveys or other site feature. 5. To quickly process your transactions. 6. To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products. 7. To follow up on requests or discussions after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
1. SmartFarm does not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. 2. An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all card transactions. 3. We do not use Malware Scanning. Your personal identification information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. We implement a variety of security measures when a user registers, submits, or releases information to maintain the safety of such personal information. All payment/card transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or city of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or city of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
DO WE USE 'COOKIES'?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
• Understand and save user's preferences based on previous or current site activity (ies) for future visits; which enables us to provide you with improved services
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Your data, excluding your Bank card details are stored through SmartFarm data storage, databases and the general SmartFarm website. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then it is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your payment transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your transaction. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
SmartFarm does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identification Information unless we obtain consent of our ‘users’ after giving advance Notice. Such outside parties do not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release Information when such release is allowed under applicable laws, enforces our site policies, and/ or protects our rights, property or safety and that of a third party.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your payment-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by them.
Non-personal identification information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Occasionally, at our discretion, SmartFarm may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
E-MAIL ADDRESS COLLECTION
SmartFarm collects your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction occurred.
Our email ensures the following;
• Non use of false or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identification of the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Inclusion of the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitoring third-party email marketing services for compliance (if one is used)
• Honoring opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allowing users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at:
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
If you would like to register a complaint, make an inquiry, access, correct or amend your information or terms if this policy; or if after you opt-in, delete/withdraw any personal information we have about you for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information at any time, contact us at:
16 Oladimeji Otiti Crescent, New Bodija Ibadan